The information in this section is for wage earners only. Make sure that this is your worker status.
To be eligible for the Québec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP), you must fulfil the following conditions:
- Be the parent of a child born or adopted on or after January 1, 2006
- Be a resident of Québec on the start date of your benefit period
- Have stopped working or seen a reduction of at least 40% in your usual employment income (salary)
- Have at least $2,000 in insurable income (income taken into account for benefit calculation purposes) during the qualifying period, regardless of the number of hours worked.
- Have paid or owe a QPIP premium during the qualifying period
Other eligibility conditions may apply, depending on your situation.