When applying for benefits, the following information will be needed:
- Social insurance number of the parent applicant, the other parent and the spouse, if applicable;
- Date of birth of the parent applicant, the other parent and the spouse, if applicable
- Expected date of birth
- Information on the child's identity according to the birth certificate (family name, first name, date of birth, gender) if the birth has occurred
- Arrival date of the child into the care of one of the parents for adoption
- Information on bank account and financial institution to take advantage of the benefit direct deposit option. This information can be found on your cheques or your bank statement.
- Remuneration end date
- Information regarding your income.
Additional information or documents can sometimes be required for establishing your eligibility.
It is important that you inform us immediately of any change in your situation.