Thank you for visiting our web site. We invite you to read our policy regarding Security.
- Use of Google Analytics
- Information transmitted automatically
- Sending personal information
- Confidentiality of the user ID and password
- Personal information
- Exchange of information
- Security of personal information
- For more information...
The Québec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP) site and the QPIP online services do not place any permanent cookies on your hard drive. However, when a temporary cookie is required for technological reasons inherent to Internet browsing, the file is saved in your computer’s RAM and is automatically deleted when you shut down your browser.
However, these cookies do not transmit personal information, nor do they enable us to identify you personally. Current technology used in navigating the Internet requires the information collected, which is used for statistical purposes.
The Ministère du Travail, de l'Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale uses Google Analytics, a website analysis tool provided by Google.
Using cookies, Google Analytics collects information about your visit to the section, for example concerning the pages you view, the date and time of your visit and the links you click. It also collects information on your device's operating system, your browser’s language setting, the name of your Internet service provider and your geographic location. The data collected and your anonymized (shortened) IP address are stored by Google on servers located mainly in the United States. Google uses the information solely to produce statistics and reports on browsing in the website.
Google can disclose this data to third parties if legally obliged to do so or for processing by third parties at Google’s request. Google will not link your IP address to any other data it retains.
Google Analytics is not used on our secured sites. You can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on on your device to prevent Google Analytics from recording data on your visits.
You should be aware that, as soon as you access the site of the Québec Parental Insurance Plan, information is automatically exchanged between your computer and the Québec Parental Insurance Plan server, without your intervention. The information does not identify you personally. It consists of
- the Internet domain name (for example, "xcompagny.com" if you have a private Internet access account, or "university.edu" if you access the Internet through a university) and the IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet provider every time you use the Internet) with which you access our site;
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- the date and time you access our site;
- the pages you visit;
- and if you access www.mess.gouv.qc.ca from another site (referral site), its address.
This exchange of information is necessary if the server is to transmit to you a file compatible with the computer equipment you are using. The Ministère keeps the required information in order to have a record of the number of visitors, the pages visited most often, the technology used by the site's clientele, the referral sites and the countries of origin of visitors to the site.
We would remind you that emailed information is not fully secure. This is why we do not recommend that you send personal information, such as your social insurance number, by email. Similarly, we do not use email to answer your questions requiring transmission of confidential information.
You are responsible for taking all the measures required to ensure that your user ID and password are used securely and confidentially.
Never tell anyone your user ID or password, not even a family member. You are responsible for making sure the information you send us is accurate, and you must ensure the confidentiality of the data used to identify you.
The Ministère du Travail, de l'Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale cannot be held responsible for unauthorized use of your user ID and password. If the confidentiality of this information is compromised, please contact the clicSÉQUR customer service as soon as possible to prevent it from being used fraudulently.
Memorize your user ID and password instead of writing them down.
To enhance the security of your user ID, we recommend that you:
- Change your password if you suspect someone else knows it
- Not use personal information (e.g. your first or last name) for your user ID or password.
When necessary, theMinistère du Travail, de l'Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale may obtain or send information about you and check with various public and private organizations without your consent, to determine your eligibility for the QPIP. The information may be exchanged through inquiries, file comparisons, or a liaison officer.
In addition, if you are applying for the supplement for low-income families, any inquiries or verifications with Revenu Québec will also concern your spouse.
Information is notably exchanged with the following organizations:
- Service Canada
- Revenu Québec
- Commission des normes, de l'équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail
- Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec
- Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec
- Directeur de l'état civil.
Despite these verifications and file comparisons, you are still required by law to declare any changes in your situation that may alter your rights.
If you send other personal information when contacting Centre de service à la clientèle, this information will only be used to process your application.
All personal information you agree to provide Centre de service à la clientèle is protected under the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information and all other applicable laws.
QPIP online services use recognized1 encryption methods to guarantee the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information at all times.
All the links below lead to another website and open a new window.
- Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec
- An Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information
- An Act to establish a legal framework for information technology
- Protect your Identity on the Internet (French only)