The Québec Parental Insurance Plan website is compatible with the most common Windows and Macintosh web browsers. We recommend that you use a recent version of one of those browsers.
Access to on-line services
Before using our on-line services, be sure your Web browser is supported.
Documents on this site can be in various formats.
- The most common is PDF, or Portable Document Format, which displays documents in their original layout.
- You must also have Adobe Reader software in order to view or print documents available in your online file. The software is provided without charge by Adobe. We recommend that you use a recent version of Adobe Reader to download documents.
Some PDF forms can be filled out electronically. Adobe Reader automatically prints documents in letter format (8½ x 11), even if the document is in a different format. If you wish to print documents in legal format (8½ x 14), you have to adjust the print setup.
- Word is used mainly for documents that contain few tables or charts, and for certain forms that can be filled in onscreen.
More information about Word.
- Excel is often used for budget-related documents. It is ideal for performing calculations and creating tables and charts.
More information about Excel.
- PowerPoint (PPT) is used to create slide presentations for screening.
More information about PowerPoint.
- WinZip is used to compress large documents and group together related files, such as the chapters and appendices of a publication.
More information about WinZip.
- MPEG-4 (MP-4) is a video compression format mainly used in multimedia, such as webcasts and television broadcasts, and for high-definition recordings. You can play MPEG-4 video recordings with QuickTime software. It is possible to view such recordings with wireless mobile devices.
- Format WMV (Windows Media Video) is a data compression format for audiovisual files.
- Format MP3 is a data compression format for audio files.
To view the two above formats, you need video and audio software such as Windows Media Player.
Feel free to email the webmaster.
Information about other government services
See the Québec government portal for information related to the Government of Québec, its departments and agencies, and other public and semipublic bodies.