The maximum insurable earnings considered when calculating benefits are $74,000 in 2018 and $76,500 in 2019. This income is adjusted on January 1 of each year at the rate set by the Commission des normes, de l'équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST).
- You can choose between QPIP's two options: the basic plan and the special plan. They differ in the duration of leave and the percentage of income replaced.
You can therefore receive lower benefits for a longer period or higher benefits for a shorter period.
- Benefits are payable as of the first day of eligibility for them.
- Salaried workers and self-employed workers may be eligible for the QPIP.
- Farmers with a salaried job on or away from the farm and who have shares in the farming business may be eligible for the QPIP.
- The minimum insurable earnings considered when calculating the benefits is $2,000, regardless of the number of hours worked.
Paternity benefits are available exclusively for the newborn's father.