Required Information when Applying
When applying for benefits, the following information will be needed:
- Social insurance number of the parent applicant, the other parent and the spouse, if applicable;
- Date of birth of the parent applicant, the other parent and the spouse, if applicable
- Expected date of birth
- Information on the child’s identity according to the birth certificate (family name, first name, date of birth, gender) if the birth has occurred
- Arrival date of the child into the care of one of the parents for adoption
- Information on bank account and financial institution to take advantage of the benefit direct deposit option. This information can be found on your cheques or your bank statement.
- Remuneration end date
- Information regarding your income.
Additional information or documents can sometimes be required for establishing your eligibility.
It is important that you inform us immediately of any change in your situation.
Last update: 2009-06-11