Home > Wage Earners Who Are Also Self-Employed > Eligibility Conditions
The information in this section is exclusively for wage earners who are also self-employed. Make sure that this is your worker status.
Please note that persons who receive remuneration that is insurable for the purposes of the QPIP as a family-type resource or an intermediate ressource
are considered to be self-employed workers.
To be eligible for the Québec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP), you must fulfil the following conditions:
- Be the parent of a child born or adopted on or after January 1, 2006
- Be a resident of Québec on the start date of your benefit period and on December 31 of the year preceding the start date of your benefit period
- Have stopped working or seen a reduction of at least 40% in your usual employment income (salary) and have ceased your business activities or reduced the time spent on them by at least 40% (Note: If you are a person who receives remuneration as a family-type resource or an intermediate ressource , you are automatically considered to have reduced the time spent on this type of activity by at least 40%.)
- Have at least $2,000 in insurable earnings (income taken into account for benefit calculation purposes) during the qualifying period, regardless of the number of hours worked.
- Pay premiums under the QPIP
Other eligibility conditions may apply, depending on your situation.
Last update: 2012-01-13