If you have income during your benefit period, you must declare it promptly!
If you work or receive income while you are receiving benefits, you must declare the earnings or income. Earnings must be declared, at the latest, by the Saturday of the week in which you earned the amounts. If you receive other income, it too must be declared, at the latest by the Saturday of the week in which you received it. The earnings or income could reduce the amount of your benefits.
If you declare your earnings promptly, we may be able to suspend payment of your benefits and the unused week or weeks could be paid to you later if they can be postponed within your benefit period.
You can declare income using the online services or interactive voice response system of the Québec Parental Insurance Plan. These services are easy to use and available at all times.
- You need a user ID in order to access our online services. If you don’t have one, start by going to Getting my ID.
- Once you have an ID, you can access your online file and go to the “Declaration of income” tab.
- Declare your income by providing the information requested:
- Income type
- Press “Submit” so that the information can be processed.
Interactive voice response system
- A user ID and password are required in order to access this service.
- To obtain your user ID and password, and declare any income, call 1-888-610-7727 (toll free).
- Press 2, “To make a change to your file, to report employment income or other income received during your benefit period, or for information about your file.”
- Then press 1 if you wish to apply for a user ID and password, or press 2 to enter your user ID and password.
- Follow the instructions to declare your income.
Last update: 2013-02-27